Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good News, Bad News

Bad news first: school started today.

I am not thrilled about it. Especially when I was lucky enough to spend my entire summer hanging out with my Sonshine. Ugh, getting up for class, even though it was 2 hours later than normal, sucked way worse than getting up to go see Sonny. But I have to get it done. Have to. Not an option (at least I try to convince myself that is the truth).

I don't have class on Thursday, and only 1 hour of class on Tuesday and Friday. Monday and Wednesday I have to be on campus from like 10-4, but that is totally survivable, right? Please tell me it is.

When I got out of class I went straight to the barn and got to ride with three of my boarders: Eliza, Katie and Rachel. We started out in the arena and went on a really great trail ride. So happy to have them around to ride with! Sonny did fabulous, of course. He trotted AND cantered on a loose rein out on the trail without going full speed ahead. Yay :). We also played with contact at the canter today. It was BEAUTIFUL and felt so wonderful. I need to get pictures or videos. Today I did notice that when I played with contact at the trot he lost his impulsion. Definitely something to work on. In general I think I have been lagging in having him be responsive lately. I need Juli to get back from Colorado and give us some motivation!

Good news: well, the best kind of prize is a sur-prize, so I think I will wait ;). Stay tuned!

Sonny and his best bud, D'Art. They adore each other
so much, it could give you a cavity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment