Monday, August 13, 2012

Jumpin' Jumpin'

Sonny and I have been jumping more lately. Although neither of us are very athletic, we get the job done ;).

I used to take jumping lessons when I did mini trails with a thoroughbred when I was 10 and 11 (so 9/10 years ago). By the time I turned 12 I was completely focused on dressage and really haven't jumped since then.

In preparation for my hunter pace on Saturday, I busted out the jumps and played around.



We definitely have a lot to work on, but more than anything I am so proud of Sonny for the effort he puts into it for me (the vertical was 2'3"). Jumping is definitely not easy/natural for him, so the fact that he tries so hard makes me happy. He is such a superstar.

For comparison, here is a video taken shortly after he jumped for the first time.



He has really came a long way! I don't ever expect him to be some grand prix jumper (same for me!), but it would be great if he could jump upright barrels for our level 4 auditions :).

1 comment: