Monday, December 12, 2011

Updates


Emily Rodgers with Sonny(Freestyle, 60 mins) Last night I re-watched some of the level 2 freestyle DVD. This really refreshed some things in my mind...like playing with indirect to direct rein turns. So Sonny and I played with some foundation things and it went so well! We had wonderful transitions today, including walk to trot and trot to walk transitions from phase 1! Then we worked on indirect to direct rein turns. He is great at indirect, but tends to just round his whole body and walk in a circle rather than do a direct rein turn after an indirect. I made a few mental notes about Pat's turns: really watch where your weight is bend your elbow for the indirect then straighten it for direct. I played with that then really broke down the turns. I went slow and paused after the indirect, straightened him out, then asked for direct. WOW what a difference! They might not be as fast and spiffy as Pat and Vision's, but they were a million times better today! Going back to the foundations for a refresher always helps us get our good better and our better best!


Emily Rodgers with Sonny(On Line, 30 mins) Didn't do a whole lot with Son today since we have been doing so much riding lately...wanted to make sure he had a chance to breathe! We played with the spanish walk for a while. He knows my command to bring his leg up, now I am focusing on the walking part. It is a slow process for both of just who are just learning!


Well the wedding is over, so one less thing to worry about! Our riding has been going MUCH, much better! But, I don't want to push it. I would love to play with carrot stick riding everyday, but right now I don't think we know enough to play with it everyday and him not get bored. So, yesterday we mixed it up with some spanish walk! Considering tricks are one of Sonny's favorite things, I am hoping to teach him lots of fun stuff in the future!  


He looks so dashing in our Parelli saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment