Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Blues

Its official: we have set a record for the most rain in one year. That's one record I am not happy about. The fields are flooded, the horses haven't been out in weeks, and its starting to take its toll.

The fields today.

Yesterday I went out with intentions of riding, only to find out Sonny was not having it. He pinned his ears and wrinkled his nose at me all night. This was not a grumpy face, this was an extremely unhappy face. I could not for the life of me even get him to unglue his ears from his head, let alone make a happy face. I am not sure if it is just the fact that he is tired of being stuck inside, or maybe it had something to do with his buddy Rydel being in season. Whatever it was, that was by far the nastiest I have seen him in the two years that I have owned him.

Today was much better. I didn't have any plans and we spent a lot of time not doing anything. Right away he came up to me with both ears forward, which made me so happy! We played with sideways towards me on his bad side and it was going really well. He made a couple nasty faces when we were walking together, but he always had a happy face when he was walking towards me!

I really hope the ground freezes soon so he can go back out, which I believe will get him out of the winter blues.


No comments:

Post a Comment