Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wishful Thinking

The warm temperatures have been tricking me into 'spring mode'. I want warm weather, big blue skies, luscious grass, and more than anything...time!

We are down to the last two weeks of classes before finals. Considering OSU is on quarters, of course professors cram towards the end. I have quizzes, papers, worksheets, speeches, and tests galore. I am also supposed to fit work and internship hunting somewhere in that mix. Therefore, my time with Sonny is limited.

I did get out yesterday!
Emily Rodgers with Sonny(Liberty, 30 mins) Melissa and I watched the level 3 liberty DVD over the weekend. Of course I wanted to play with some of it last night. So I set up a half circle at one end of the arena and things went well! I played with foundations such as taking the halter off and disengaging his hind end until his nose came to my elbow and so on. We also did a little stick to me. I found out the truth about our stick to me is that it is only one sided...it falls apart when I am on the right. So that gives me something to play with online!
On a side note, Sonny is getting really good at playing the touch it game with the bridle! I have got him not to touch the bit and even sometimes put his mouth on it while it is hanging up! I think the next step will be to put some molasses on it and only reward the touch it if he puts his mouth on it. Progress!
Tue 28 Feb 2012 at 09:50AM

But I won't be able to go out tonight or even tomorrow :(.

Parelli has been on my mind so much lately. Starting with the get-together on Saturday, I feel like I want to go do so much. I want to get the GOC, go on trail rides with fellow Parelli students, and attend clinics with Jesse Peters, Carol Coppinger, and Aimee Brimhall McCord. I want to catch up on all the savvy club DVDs, magazines, and read my horsemanship books. I want to get my green string, go to the fast track, and most of all become an instructor. I definitely have cabin fever; I am ready to go do things!

I have to remind myself that college is what is going to give me the opportunity to do all those things. Especially now that I am an Animal Sciences major, all this time away from Sonny will benefit me in the long run.

In the meantime, I can only look at pictures from last spring and spend my night studying daydreaming about the summer.

One of my favorites. May '11

3 comments:

  1. what a cute picture! I definitely need to save up money for all the clinics I want to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i´m jelous. you guys over there have access to so many awesome instructors and to other Parelli students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too, Melissa!

    Marion, why don't you and Milva come live with us for a while? :) Lots of FANTASTIC things going on in Ohio this year that you could be a part of! :)

    ReplyDelete