Thursday, April 5, 2012

At the End of My Rope

Literally.

During my last lesson with Laura, she brought up that in order to pass level 3 online, I need to get Sonny out at the end of my rope. Common misconception: Just because I am holding my popper doesn't mean that I am at the end of the rope! Having most of the rope on the ground and only 3 feet between Sonny and I isn't what they are looking for ;). Although slack in the rope is good, I still need him out and away from me more!

At the end of my rope, but with lots of slack.

So last night I took ahold of that idea and it went so well! I started out the day with my normal touch-it games but this time I challenged Sonny to see how far away I could stand and still get him to touch it! It was a little difficult at first, then we both realized its the same game no matter where I stand.

I applied the distance to everything we did. I brought out the tarp for the first time in a while. Not only did he walk across it from 22 feet away, he backed onto it from 22 feet away!

One of the best parts of the night was our sideways game. I combined what I learned from both Juli and Laura in the past few weeks and man, oh, man was it great! He marched sideways right out to the end of my 22, then marched right back in sideways towards me when I asked. WOW! I was extremely impressed with the speed he used on his way out and how easily he came back in. Best sideways we have had so far!

Now I feel like I have a much better understanding of what level 3 quality is and am dying to get my audition sent in!

2 comments: