Sunday, May 20, 2012

In the Direction of Dreams

I hate to admit it, for fear of jinxing myself, but lately things have really started to fall into place.

It started with me being chosen as an ambassador for the Parelli Horse and Soul Tour. It was a heck of a lot of work, but I sure did enjoy it! It was such a great opportunity for me to meet Parelli people in the area, but more important introduce Parelli to more people. It still shocks me how many people haven't even heard of it, and I am thrilled to be a part of helping spread the word. Anything to make the world a better place for horses and humans!

Along with that, I got chosen to volunteer at the tour. Even though I have met so many wonderful people as an ambassador, I hope being a volunteer only adds to my list. After all, the seventh key to success is support, and I think that will really come in handy on my journey to becoming a Parelli Professional.

School also seems to be falling into place. I just found out that I only have 3 semesters left. Still seems like a long time, but thats actually half of a year sooner than I should graduate. I was thrilled to find that out considering I switched my major not too long ago. So happy that all that worked out!

Last but not least, I have been offered an amazing opportunity to run a boarding facility! This is why I haven't posted much lately: I have been working hard to get everything sorted out. The facility isn't that old (about 15 years), but it hasn't been taken care of for at least the last 7 of those. It needs a lot of work, but we are making progress!

The best part: Sonny's soon-to-be new home! There are two main barns that run perpendicular to the huge indoor; about 20 some stalls in each. But, there is a really, really old barn closer to the house. I mean it is old; it used to be a milking parlor! But, There are huge doors that open out to the outside, and once they get all the new fence installed it will be connected to a little paddock. So Sonny will be able to come and go as he pleases! It has been my dream for so long to have a place where he has the option of being in or out, and it is finally happening! I can't believe it!

I still have two more weeks of classes left and a lot of work to do, so my posts may be more irregular than normal. I have a lot of work to do this summer and am going to be very busy, but I may just be on my way to living the dream :).



2 comments:

  1. That is really exciting news, I'm so happy for you and Sonny!! Good things come to those who go out of their way to pursue happiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you!!!! I totally agree that turnout stables are the best option for horses! He will be so happy when he moves there! You have to tell us everything about the volonteering and take lots of pictures! I volontered last year in the UK at the Parelli Celebration and loved every second of it. We worked long days and I didn´t get to see that much of the show because we worked in retail but it was still so worth it.
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete