Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Out With the Old

I mentioned Sunday that Sonny's new stall is going to be out in a really old barn that used to be a milking parlor. Well, it is going to be quite the project so of course I am going to blog about the progress!

Since it was an old milking parlor, the whole barn is concrete. Yeah, that's kind of a problem... Well, not anymore!

Just getting started. 

Making good progress.

Almost there! 

The area is 15x16, so getting the concrete out was no small feat. Thankfully, I have two men in my life that really love Sonny and I: my boyfriend and my godfather. They worked all day long jack-hammering, prying, and throwing out concrete. Wow! Am I lucky or what?

The concrete is out, but there is still loads of work that need to be done. Stay turned for an update on Sonny's Sanctuary!

2 comments:

  1. very cool and it´s gonna be so much fun to follow your progress with your new stable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting project. Keep up updated! :)

    ReplyDelete