Thursday, May 31, 2012

Updates

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do a whole lot of anything, just a little of everything. I haven't been able to spend any time at all with Sonny, which is dreadful, but the time will come.

First and foremost:
I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have finished 2 of my 3 classes for this quarter. I have been so lucky to have two classes that have optional finals, which meant with one class I didn't have to go the last two weeks and the other class I finished today. That means I only have to take one final, on Wednesday, and I will be done for the summer! I am beyond excited!

Things with the horse farm are really coming along. I am absolutely thrilled about it. Our accomplishments so far include:

  • Cleaning out the stalls (Not just pitchfork style, literally digging them out)
  • Power-washing the whole barn (who would have guessed that under all those cobwebs and dust there would be good-looking stalls and even windows?) 
  • Tearing out all the fence (and I mean every last piece)
  • Filling the fence post holes (what a joyful job that was...)
  • Mowing (it actually looks like a farm now, rather than a jungle) 
  • Tearing out bushes, laying plastic, and mulching (getting fancy now, eh?)
  • Removing the giant pile of concrete that came from Sonny's stall (thankfully, that wasn't my job) 

When I first took on the job, I was a little nervous. The barn was so rough and out of shape I worried that it would be mission impossible. After seeing everything today, I am thinking that the future looks very bright :). 

A bright, bright, sunshiny day at Jesse Peters in 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Good luck with your final! :)

    ReplyDelete