Thursday, September 20, 2012

Good Day

Creative title, eh? But, that is exactly how I feel.

Today I got to play with Neblina and ride both Allegra and Sonny. Yay :).

Neblina was really good. Her follow the feel is getting so much better, but her porcupine game is still not very good. I am trying to decide if I need a better phase 4 or more motivation? Hmmm. I put the saddle on her for the first time today! We played lots of friendly game and approach and retreat so it went so well! Such a superstar.

Represent ;).


Alllegra was fabulous. The best ride we have had together by far! We definitely 'clicked' today :). I love her so much!

Sonny and I also had a really good day! I played for a second online; he asked so many questions and gave me great faces! I LOVE it! Also, he jumped a single barrel..twice :). So, so proud of him!!! That was a huge accomplishment for us. I got on bareback and bridleless and played with my phases for direction. I realized I rely on my legs a lot. Although its great that I don't have to use my carrot stick or reins, I really shouldn't have to use as much leg as I do. He finally understood it was his job to stay on the circle at the walk and trot and did great! The canter was much harder. After he put effort into staying on the circle for a stride or two I stopped and he immediately licked and chewed. I stopped there :).

No comments:

Post a Comment