Monday, November 12, 2012

Phase 1, is that you?

Maybe I use horesnality as an excuse, but I don't feel like we always have a solid phase 1. As we continue to work towards level 4, that has to change.

I didn't plan on doing much yesterday; just a little jumping then off for a trail ride. The jumps were already set up and my focus was to work on me and my position more than him. He wasn't super excited about jumping (which makes me sad; I need an LBE!) so I didn't do much. Just enough to get a good feel.




The best part from yesterday were our canter transitions. He was being super unmotivated and was barely inching forward, so I applied the snappiness from my lesson with Juli. Before I knew it, he was canter from a halt from only phase 1. It was probably one of the most awesome things I have ever experienced. We were sitting there at a halt, I bought my life up and he would canter. I didn't do anything with my body, but smile with all 4 cheeks. How cool!!!

I really didn't think it was possible for him to be tuned into my body that much. I always felt like he could never really feel my energy through the saddle. Yesterday proved to me that he definitely felt something! I don't think he has ever been very responsive at phase 1 for an upward transition (in the saddle or online), but now I know yes, he can do it. I just have to have the arrows in my quiver to get them out of him. I am looking forward to playing more with high expectations of phase 1! 

No comments:

Post a Comment