Sunday, October 21, 2012

Deer Creek Trail Ride

Yesterday Stephen was nice enough to take me trail riding! With our new three horse trailer, we packed my friend's in, too! Melissa came with her mare Rydel and Sarah brought her horse Ozzy. It couldn't have gone any better!

Melissa & Rydel, Sonny & Me, Ozzy & Sarah

It rained all morning, but by the time Stephen picked us up it had stopped. It turned sunny and beautiful; the trails weren't muddy, but not dusty either. The weather was great, the horses were all fabulous, the scenery was beautiful, the trailer was awesome, there was good company...it was perfect! 

Lovin' the new ride! 

The trails were awesome, winding in and out of the woods, up and down hills, through the water (or what should have been)... the only thing missing was jumps ;). Sonny was the best he has ever been. For one, he walked right on the trailer. He loved it. He was brave the whole trail ride, was confident through all the scary things, and most importantly: he was such a good listener! At the last hunter pace he got a little excited and wanted to go, go, go. Today he was all about whatever I wanted. Impressive for an LBI, eh? You want canter, okay! You want walk, okay! He was perfect. We basically spent the whole ride on a loose rein, something I normally wouldn't think of while trotting and cantering on a trail. He is usually in GO mode and wants to blast around. I actually just used a California roll in my reins and played with steady rein if I needed him to slow down a bit. He listened and settled in to some really comfortable trot and canter! Very balanced and relaxed. I was thrilled! 

~10 miles and 150 photos later... ;)

Ozzy and Rydel were just as great, which made for such a fabulous time. I was so glad to spend the day with my best friends and have such a great time! Wish I could do that more often!

Enjoy! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment