Saturday, October 27, 2012

Warm & Fuzzy

Yesterday was so cold, but Sonny knows how to make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Yesterday morning I led him outside at liberty. Usually he struggles to get 'free' to go eat grass. Yesterday I focused on my destination and was confident (but ready to correct) that he would continue to walk with me and not stop to eat. Not only did he stay with me, whenever I stopped, rather than diving down to eat he turned his head towards me, asking what was next. Goosebumps!

I got him out to play late last night, so we had to work in the indoor. I played a little online and was very pleased with the results! The first time I yo-yoed him back, he kept two eyes and two ears locked on my. He never does that! I was ecstatic!

After a good online warm up (he was being incredibly responsive), I got his bridle out for the first time. He took the bit right away and didn't chomp. I am so happy!

I rode around freestyle for a while and he was fabulous! So I dropped put the reins on the bridle and played a little Game of Contact. He immediately remembered reins mean go and to stretch into the contact.

At the trot he wanted to stop, so I took more contact until he went forward and then tried again from the walk. Within no time he was powering forward into the contact!

After that I got off and hung out for him for a while; something we haven't done in a while. He yawned and chewed and yawned and chewed and rested his head on my shoulder. Oh how I love him :).

Pretty boy :). 

2 comments:

  1. Great job Emily. Calm, connected and responsive is what you got.....good going. Savvy on.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. your posts are SO INFORMATIVE but not over my head. I love it. I learn something new each read!!!

    ReplyDelete