Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Favorite #7

This week's Friday Favorite is:

No Thrush!
http://www.nothrushshop.com/index.html




With fall upon us, muddy weather is just around the corner. You know what that means: thrush!

Last summer I switched to a natural trimmer, who informed me that Sonny had really bad thrush. I felt so embarrassed that I didn't realize it before! I also felt angry that I have gone through more than 5 farriers with Sonny and only one of them had casually brought it up to me. Rodger, the barefoot trimmer who I still use, made me away that it was a huge problem and I probably shouldn't have even been riding. I felt so bad!

He had me soak Sonny's feet in the beginning, then had me use two different treatments. When the weather was dry out, he had me mix 50/50 athlete's foot and triple-antibiotic cream together in a syringe and squirt it in the thrush cracks of Sonny's frogs. When it was wet out, which is was a LOT last year with the mild winter, he had me use No Thrush.

No Thrush is "the first ever dry treatment" for thrush that happens to be natural and safe. The stuff is awesome. To treat thrush, everyone I know uses bleach or a liquid. Bleach may kill the thrush, but it will also kill the healthy tissue. So even if you are killing the thrush you aren't setting youself up for success. The problem with a liquid is that it adds to the issue: thrush thrives in wet areas so why would you continue to make the feet wet? That's why No Thrush is so amazing!

This summer  Sonny was completely thrush free! It felt so good! His heels were so contracted and he had huge cracks, but now (as of the last month or so), he feet look awesome! Better than ever. He is getting rid of the false sole that protected his sore feet and his hooves look great. I am absolutely thrilled!

If your horse gets thrushy or stands in a wet/stall paddock in the winter, this is a must have. Address the problem before it gets as bad as Sonny's! It's so easy to use, it isn't messy, and it works great. The website has some great photos and information on how to use it, but feel free to ask if you have any questions!

You can buy it here for as cheap as I can find it: Jeffer's Equine

No comments:

Post a Comment