Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Favorite #5

This week's Friday Favorite is:

Homemade treats! Being an LBI, Sonny loves any and all things edible. He especially loves these homemade treats! Unfortunately, I don't get a chance to make them as often as I would like. But, they are quick and easy and taste pretty good...even to humans!


Here is the recipe if you would like to try them:

  • 1 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup shredded carrots or apples (I use both)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup molasses
Mix ingreditents in bowl as listed. Make littles balls and placed on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 


They turn out to be a gooey texture, which some horses don't like. But, I prefer it for him rather than the hard, break your tooth ones. 

I encourage you to try this recipe, or send me one of your own! I would love to get a little binder going of fun treats to make! 

2 comments:

  1. aww so cool!! i will try those for Milva as soon as I´m off work again, speak next wednesday. sounds yummy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how she likes them, Marion! With her being an LBI I bet she will love them!

    ReplyDelete