Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Updates

The past two nights with Sonny were great! First and foremost, his ears have been much, much better. Not as good as I would like, but a huge improvement from the past few weeks.

He is now backing up like I have never seen him. I am trying to change up the amount of steps I want but to always have a goal in mind to help myself focus. He is putting so much more effort into it! I have also started putting it to purpose more often, such as backing over a pole, between cones, or out the gate. So happy with the progress!

The weave is making slow strides. It has gotten a little better in the sense we both don't go so right brained anymore. Which I guess is pretty big, but then I stay LBE and want it to be perfect right now! Of course is doesn't work like that. But perfect practice makes perfect!

Thinking about the weave. 

I rode a bit last night. I started out with playing with corners and that really, really helped him follow the rail. Too bad the corners in our arena are filled with stuff or else I think it would have been even more beneficial. I think using corners to warm up is going to be a great motivator when working with an LBI. I also cantered a bit, but nothing much. I am not exactly sure where I should go with the canter to improve it so I think that I something I am going to ask Juli about.

I am so excited about our recent progress! I won't be able to play tonight or tomorrow night but I am dying to get back out there Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment