Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wam Walks

Sonny and I love going for walks. Last night it was warm and calm and the perfect night for a walk. Unfortunately, there isn't any neat/interesting/pretty scenery around. So we just walked up and down the road.


In the beginning he was a little worked up and so focused on grass. It was understandable, he hasn't been outside in a few days. After some eating I disengaged his hind end until he connected with my elbow and played some stick to me and that really god him more focused on my. All the way back to the barn he checked in with me :). Love nights like that.


2 comments:

  1. just like us :). we don´t have a nice scenery here either. i´m usually walking around the pastures which takes 25 minutes and then up the dirtroad which takes another 35 minutes. i so wish i would live close to the forest - or well, that Milva would be boarded close to a forest. my stable collegues take their horses often to the beach which sounds wonderful but a little bit to adventerous for us right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow sounds like you have a big area to walk, even if it is around the pastures! Oh the beach would be so awesome! I hope you get to make it there soon!

      There is a park only about 15 minutes from my barn, if I could learn to drive the trailer I would go all the time!

      Delete