Sunday, June 17, 2012

Build Me Up, Buttercup

Sonny's stall is starting to look like something! SO exciting!

Stephen and I were able to do some work on Wednesday. First we put up insulation, in attempts to make Sonny's area (I hate calling it a stall) as nice as possible. After that, we lined the outer walls in plastic in order to keep wind and rain out. Next we started putting boards up, but I was too short to help him get the one's on the top up (if you can't tell from my photos, I am a whopping 5'1"). By the time we got done, around 10 at night, it was too dark to take any photos of the boards.

Insulation: check. 

Plastic: check.

Saturday, while I was with Sonny getting his feet trimmed, Stephen, his dad, and my godfather (Harry) worked on his place some more. When I showed up, they already had a good bit done. They almost finished the walls that Stephen and I started.


Stephen putting the last few
boards up. 

Done! Except we need to buy a 2x6 for the top. 

They were just finishing up the wall that separates the tack room from Sonny's area.


While I was there they built and put up the other tack room wall.


Another wall finished. 

Putting it up.

Both walls done! 

Now that the frames of the walls are finished, Stephen, my dad, and I can go back and easily put the boards up. That should be soon to come. So happy it is now starting to look like something! AND, so thankfully that all these men are putting in so much work for Sonny and I. Very lucky!

3 comments:

  1. very cool!! love the picture updates! almost feels like being there ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus the sweat and labor, right? ;)

    Just kidding. I am happy that it feels that way! My intentions exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soooooooooooooo awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete