Monday, June 18, 2012

Updates

Lots of time spent with Sonny lately. Great progress with the bit; he is much more willing to take the bit and is much more quiet with it in. I have noticed that the past few days he hasn't given me very many happy faces. Nothing worse than normal, but there for a minute I was totally blown away by them and now they are gone. Hmmm, I am going to have to look into that.

Yay, yawning.

Emily Rodgers with Sonny(Liberty, 15 mins) can you say short, sweet, and successful? had to take grain down to Sonny tonight and just played around for a second. I put his bridle on and he took with bit all the way into his mouth without a treat for the first time ever! not only that, he didn't chomp! success! took the bridle off after a minute or two. plays for a second ay liberty. tested to see if he still recognizes lifting the same leg as me. he definitely did :). will have to expand on that...
Mon 18 Jun 2012 at 12:00AM

Emily Rodgers with Sonny(Freestyle, 60 mins) Another great time with Sonny, today! Playing online a bit in the indoor. It was hot and buggy so I kept it short and sweet with lots of sideways and some really great backing (the better your horse goes sideways and backwards the better he does everything else!). Put on my bareback pad and rode outside since the wind was blowing and it was actually nicer than inside. Sonny followed the rail like a superstar today. Had some really great trot AND canter without blasting around the arena. Our downward transitions are definitely improving but still need a lot of work. Today, for the first time ever, we did canter-back up-canter transitions with arms crossed. Woo hoo! Fast track here we come!!

I have about 2 billion projects going on right now, which is leaving me pretty scattered. For one, I am getting really serious about studying/preparing for the fast track, but more on that later. Not only have I been doing physical labor on the farm, I am also responsible for social media, including designing the website. That has been my latest endeavor, keeping me pretty busy.

Sonny's 'poor me' face :(.

I guess my point is, if you see a lot of random posts in the next few weeks, you'll know that it's just what my brain happens to be set on at the time. Now, back to Head First HTML...

My little girl laying by me while I sort through this
huge book! The perfect company. 


2 comments:

  1. love your posts about the bit... when are you doing the fast track?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Tha plan is next spring, but they haven't released the dates yet. So I have to make sure I can go without missing school. Why don't you come with me? :)

    ReplyDelete