Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Being a Better Partner

After the realization that I have a tendence to be a direct line thinker, I have been working really hard to be a better human for Sonny. If I except him to hold up his responsibilites as a parter, I should, too.

I have been trying to be more creative to give him things that are more fun for him to do. My creativity levels aren't very high, but so far things like sideways over the ball on top of the tarp are new and interesting enough for him to be more willing and excited about things. On the savvy forum I saw an audition where the weave cones were on a circle. I thought that was a great idea...so did Sonny!

Not only did I ask him to weave the cones, sometimes he would have to stay on the inside or the outside, skip a cone, sidepass over one, or do transitions in between them. This really got him thinking! Thinking enough for him to come into me with two ears forward! Woo hoo!!


 
The more fun something is, the more effort he is willing to put into it and the better our relationship is going to be. I really need to work on expanding my creativity and to always keep incentive in mind. Things can only get better from here!
Look at his inside ear focused on me :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment