Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Goal Properly Set is Halfway Reached

I am really working towards getting to the August-September 2012 Fast Track in Colorado. As if that isn't a big enough goal in itself, I have a few other things that I would like to accomplish by then.
  • An obvious goal would to be solid level 3, to the point if I wanted to I could easily pass all three savvys officially. With that in mind, here are my goals within the three savvys:
  • Online: Be very comfortable with the 45' line, be able to check off everything from the self assessment list, confidently go sideways over a barrel, and jump around 3'. 
  • Freestyle: Only need to use phase 1 or 2, check off a majority of the self assessment list, jump bareback, improve out riding with a carrot stick, and improve our sideways.
  • Liberty: Work in a round pen, stick to me at the canter, jumping, transitions and sideways without a fence at a distance. 
  • As always, I would love for him to havea majority of happy faces by then. That means I need to keep working hard to make my idea his idea, try not to ever offend him, and make sure he always feels like he is able to voice his own opinion.
  • Send in our Level 2 Freestyle Audition and pass 2++.
  • Be able to confidently go through water. 
Those might not be all of my goals, and they may not all be attainable in less than a year, but at least I have something to work towards!


No comments:

Post a Comment