Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Mirror

Our Stick to Me game has had its ups and downs. In the beginning, the walk, halt and back up were excellent. Everyone at my old barn was always impressed. But, our trot was horrific. He would never trot when I did, then once the rope ran out he would trot really fast, come up behind me, then try to drive me with his head or a bite!

Juli told me in our first lesson that he needs motivation to keep me in zone 3, rather than me just dragging him around. With that in mind, things improved a ton! But, with him being LBI, he still wanted to drive me all the time instead of stick to me.

As always, Linda pulled through! She posted a video on Parellitube about the stick to me game. Her suggestion of driving him away during the stick to me game worked great and solved our trot.

After we had the trot solid for a while, I thought it would be fun to try the canter. When I first tried, he would only speed up his trot and get really playful. After a few unsuccessful days, I decided to give it a rest and come back to it at another time.

Yesterday we were playing online before I got on and I was having him mirror me. Sideways, forward, backwards, and every which way. He was so in tune with me, as he has been a lot lately, so I thought I would give the canter a try. It worked great! Within a couple times, he would noticed the change in my gait and change his! How awesome!

This little horse amazes me every day <3.


No comments:

Post a Comment