Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorite #3

This week's Friday Favorite is:

Mane 'n Tail Detangler!


Growing up in 4-H, I was always told "Never brush you horse's tail!". So, I didn't. When I started riding with a trainer that had arabians, he taught me how to pick a tail. Basically, you shampoo and condition it, then once it is clean you literally separate the tail strand by strand in order to make it fuller, and detangled without brushing it (so the loss of hair is very minimal). This is a great way to make your horses tail full for a show, but who has hours to do this throughout the week? 

The first year I had Sonny I never did anything with his tail. I didn't show so I just let it be. Sometime last summer I decided I wanted to start making his tail look good. I knew I would need some kind of product to help me brush through it without ripping all of his hair out. Everyone loves Cowboy Magic, but I have never been a fan. So I decided to try Mane 'n Tail. 

I absolutely love it! It works so great; its like the knots just disappear! It is fairly cheap, and totally worth it. It never takes me long to brush out his tail and it salvages almost all of his hair. Doesn't get much better than that! Sonny has never had a long mane, but Melissa uses it on her arabians mane with great success!

You can buy it in a pint, quart and gallon. I usually wait until tack shops have free shipping deals, then if I have to buy a few quarts of it and with free shipping it can be cheaper than gallons. 

Girl, look at that tail! 

This is definitely a product that I plan on using for a long time, and don't go anywhere without it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment