Monday, January 23, 2012

Let the Good Times Roll

Last night was the first time I have ever seen Sonny be LBE! Man, oh, man did I love it! He was playing, doing flying changes, and even put effort into backing up! It was so exciting for him to be playful without being dominate.

Towards the end of the session he did go back to his LBI self, which was fine with me. I was just happy enough to experience LBE with him, no matter how long it lasted. It was pretty interesting to me that even though my match report says I am LBE, I had a hard time keeping up with his energy. I really enjoyed the 'go, go, go' part, but felt much more connected to him once he went back to being LBI. Considering I am on the cusp of an LBI, I guess that is where my true LBI traits show through.

Once things calmed down I played with the spanish walk for the first time in a while. I don't ask him to do it much because he can get really frustrated with it and that defeats the purpose. Last night was great though, he even did two steps in a row for the first time! Hopefully the next time we play with it he can do the same again.

I also wanted to bring up that, after my lesson with Juli, I have been giving him much more time to think. When he thinks he does this thing where he hangs his head to the right and stays there for a really long time. Once he licked and chewed (which normally comes pretty fast) I used to just move on to the next thing. Juli had me wait there until he looked at me before I moved on. I have been keeping up with that and have seen some HUGE changes. Even though it can be like watching paint dry, I am really seeing the benefits of waiting for him to give me two eyes and two ears. He is now giving more good faces than bad, which is amazing. He is almost always walking into me with good faces and I couldn't be happier about it.

Yesterday was just amazing; I hope to see more days like that in our future!

The 'watching paint dry' thinking face. 

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! Sounds like you had a breakthrough! And maybe his going LBE was a result of his new found thinking time :) Keep rockin' it, girl!

    ReplyDelete