Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites #2

This week's Friday Favorite is:

The Original Muck Boot!

I got my first pair of muck boots last fall as a gift. I thought they were over priced and always believed my $20 of rubber boots from TSC were just fine. I was wrong. So, so very wrong.

I have never loved a pair of shoes as much as my muck boots. Ever.  Which means I can't say enough good things about them. Here is a general list:

-They are warm. Not just warm, SUPER warm. My favorite kind of warm: only need 1 pair of normal socks in freezing temperatures and still keep your feet warm, warm. Something about multiple/thick socks makes me feel uncomfortable, so I really love that I can wear my normal ankle socks in these babies and never get cold.

-They are dry. No matter what you go stomping through, you never have to worry about getting wet. My old TSC boots would get cracks in the soles and within a few weeks of wear I couldn't even wear them in water because my socks would get wet. Not with muck boots!

-They are comfortable. They are just the flat, cheap-o bottoms that you find in normal rubber boots. They are soft, squishy, and no matter how many hours in them my feet never hurt.

-They are convenient. Embarrassingly, this is one of my favorite things about them. You just slip them on and go! There isn't any tying, any hassle, or anything! I leave them by the door of my house so if I need to run out and get the mail, run to a neighbors, go to the store, get something out of my car, I always slip them on and go! They are even easier to put on than UGG's. Perfect for an LBI like me ;).

-They are stretchy. This works PERFECT for me. I am the sweat pants queen. But nothing gets my panties in a knot like the bottoms of my sweat pants dragging the wet ground in the winter. With my muck boots, I never have to worry about that. Since the tops are stretchy, I can shove my whole pant leg down in them! With boots like UGGs, it is always uncomfortable because it is such a tight squeeze, but not with muck boots!

-They fit in my stirrups. Who would have guessed they can be so effective and still fit in a stirrup? Genius!

I have the small tack classic ones, but would love to have a tall pair for ridding, a nice pair for wearing everyday, then my slip ons for mucking and general barn visits. Of course, that is in a perfect world. But no matter what, anyone, especially those who live in states like Ohio, should all own some kind of muck boot for winter! They really are the absolute best!

The tall Tack Classics! 

I got mine at SmartPak, which was the cheapest I could find at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment