Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Checking In

Sonny and I had a great walk today! Even though it was windy and cold, the sun was shining and that hasn't happened in a long time! So we took advantage of it and got out of the barn.

My handsome man <3. 

We went for a walk down the road and stopped periodically to eat. It was very relaxing and great to spend some undemanding time together out in the sunshine.

Even though that is a crop field, this is pretty much how
everything looks right now...flooded!  

What really stuck out to me today was how Sonny kept checking in with me. During one lesson Juli pointed out how Rydel will check in with Melissa and how that is a good thing. I never thought about it before then, but now I am very aware when Sonny checks in with me. He does it a lot when I clean his stall or sometimes while we are playing, but have never noticed him do it while being outside. Today he checked in with my constantly. He checked in with me as soon as we got outside, while he was eating, while he was walking, and everything in between.

I was going to take a picture of him but he went to
check in with me and I caught him in action! 

I was blown away when he stopped eating grass to come over, say hi, then go back to eating grass. My LBI hasn't been outside in months and stopped eating to come check in with me. WOW! I am so impressed! I hope that means the dynamics of our relationship are changing....for the better! I will be interested to see if he does the same thing the next time we go for a walk! 

1 comment: